Magento is the largest commerce platform in the world and offers the best cache extension available for online businesses. Whilst there are many great options out there to choose from, none of them can promise the same performance standards offered by Magento’s Full Page Cache extension.
The Full-Page Cache extension speeds up page load times by up to 90%. This speedy solution for your site cache will also help to reduce the loading pressure on the server. As a direct result of its efficient loading times, using the Full-Page Cache extension can help to improve website ranking and boost sales conversions.
How does it work?
Before choosing your ideal cache extension, it’s important to understand exactly how it works. The Full-Page Cache principle is quite simple. When a new user visits your website, Magento automatically saves a duplicate copy of that page to the cache storage. Each following user request is met with the cache copy of the required page. This means that Magento has no need to generate a new page after each subsequent visit, dramatically reducing both the server load and the database. Thus, the page loading times are increased since there is no longer a need to generate new cached copies time and time again.
How does website speed effect my business?
You may be asking yourself why the speed of your website is so important. Do page loading times matter? Why is your website speed so vital to your online success? Well, it’s simple really. We humans are an impatient species. We don’t like to waste our time waiting around for a web page to load. In fact, we would rather click off that page, than wait over three seconds for it to fully load. In simpler terms, the faster the speed of your website, the more likely it is that your customers will convert.
Search engines rank fast websites higher than those with slower page load times. The main reason for this is because they want to provide optimal search results for their users and displaying slow websites does not demonstrate this responsibility.
What are the Key Features of the Full-Page Cache Extension?
- Cached pages have a response time of less than < 0.3 seconds.
- You can apply the Full-Page Cache for almost every page of your website.
- Offers flexible configuration options, allowing you to eliminate specific web pages from cache.
- Mobile device themes are fully supported.
- This cache will support other types of cache including database, Apc, Redis, File Cache and Memcache.
- Supports multi-customer groups and multi-domains.
- The pressure load on the database and server is decreased.
- Extremely cost-effective and will save you money in the long run.
- Automatic clearing of related cache after making changes to a CMS page, category or product etc.
- Cache is kept up to date with a built-in crawler.
Additional features include the cache’s ability to support multiple languages and stores. It is incredibly easy to install and upgrade and is 100% open-source.