One of the easiest ways to drastically increase your ROI is through a cross-channel strategy. First of all, it’s super important to optimise your different SEM, SEO and PLA channels. Make sure you create a successful cross-channel strategy will ensure your ROI growth is as high as it can be. For many businesses, the optimisation of search advertising occurs where SEO, SEM and PLA are optimised separately. If you can optimise these channels together instead, you will automatically save money on any unnecessary ad spend, whilst simultaneously boosting your page visibility in all the right places! This will help to push you into monster growth territory! Here, we’re talking you through some of the main reasons why cross-channel optimisation should matter.
Why Cross Channel Optimisation Really Matters
A search engine results page will always feature different sections, where different types of results will appear. These different results include organic listings, product listing as, text ads, image results, local results, news results and more. As you can see, there are a number of different sections you need to be aware of. If you implement a cross-channel strategy that takes into account the visibility of your website across each of the different sections, you will find it easier to direct your search marketing efforts to a channel where you can see the biggest impact. It’s easy to measure the benefits of optimising these different channels:
- WEAK SEO STRATEGY. If you are currently performing weakly in organic rankings, you can quickly gain top-of-the-page visibility by boosting your efforts in either PLA or SEM.
- SAVE COSTS ON SEM. If you’re currently enjoying a strong organic rank, you could afford to save some money on SEM by lowering your position to either 3 or 4.
- DRIVE EFFORTS ON SEARCH ENGINES RESULTS PAGE LAYOUT: Finally, it’s important to drive results through layout instead of separate channels.
The Tools You Need for Cross-Channel Optimisation
To start tackling your cross-channel optimisation strategy, you will need the following items:
- Keyword List: Make sure you have taken the time to identify the specific keywords you wish to use to further optimise your site. Also. you can choose to use either top sale drivers for your business, top search volume or top impression volume when creating your priority keyword list.
- Search Engines Results Page Layout for Each Chosen Keyword: What comes first? Firstly, make sure you understand the common page layouts used. Sometimes PLA will be shown first. Other times it will be organic searches first and SEM at the bottom and in some instances, SEM will be shown first, followed by PLA and the organic search results will be shown after. Therefore, it’s super important to understand the different page layouts.
- Organic Layout: Make sure you understand what will be shown first. With organic, different sections will appear above others.
One of the easiest (and quickest) ways to improve your online visibility is by targeting specific keywords against select competitors, in all parts of the search page. Therefore, if you do this, we’re sure the clicks will follow!
Have you used cross channel optimisation in the past? Let us know in the comments section below.